The Junior Blockchain Developer (Student) has experience designing and developing blockchain-based systems. They are involved throughout the development lifecycle, from design to maintenance, as needed. They are self-motivated with high integrity and value creativity, attention to detail, and quality. They are passionate and strive for excellence in all aspects of their implementation and stakeholder management.
Note: This opportunity could be with Sailboat and/or with one of our partners.
We are a Calgary-based software studio with the mission to use video game technologies to make people’s lives happier, easier, and more productive. We value integrity, transparency, respect, and innovation. We aim to develop the best video games and provide the best services to our partners. Our favourite games include Super Mario World, Inside, and Factorio - let us know what you are playing right now!
Duties & Responsibilities
• Developing blockchain-based systems.
• Conducting testing to ensure high-quality design and implementation.
• Participating in code reviews and team meetings.
• Collaborating with a team of technical and non-technical stakeholders.
• Involved in the software lifecycle, as needed.
• Designing and developing APIs.
• Refactoring and refining code to meet company and project standards.
• Reporting progress, issues, and achievements to relevant stakeholders.
• Preparing documentation for requirements and feasibility studies, and software development life cycle phases.
• Analyzing and resolving technical, application, and domain problems.
• Ensuring that all work is conducted in alignment with corporate mission and values.
• Other duties and responsibilities as necessary.
• Experience with blockchain development and associated stacks.
• Experience with programming languages for smart contracts, such as Solidity.
• Experience with Ethereum development, and ERC-20 and ERC-721.
• Experience with Layer 2 solutions.
• Experience with security and encryption.
• Experience with full stack development.
• Experience with GitHub and Git.
• Experience with UI/UX design and implementation.
• Experience with Agile is an asset.
• Experience with software design patterns is an asset.
• Understanding of and ability to learn new concepts in encryption, blockchain, NFTs, and others as needed.
• Detail-oriented with excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
• Understanding and ability to learn about business implications of technology.
• Able to give and receive feedback for continuous personal and professional improvement.
• Stands up for the core values of the organization, team, and self.
• Communicates professionally and enthusiastically with internal and external stakeholders.
• Articulates a vision that others choose to follow.
• Pursuing an education in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or another relevant discipline.
• Enthusiasm and knowledge of the industry.
• Portfolio of sample projects.
• Legally permitted to work in Canada.
• A combination of relevant experience and training will always be considered.
• Part-time: ~15 hours/week Apply
Sailboat Studios Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
(Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org)